July 1, 2009

One Blog Per Year

So I bet people really get into our blog.  It's very fascinating and there's always something new going on.  HAHAHA!  Wow, I guess this just isn't really my thing quite yet.  Maybe someday I'll get really into it and blog everyday.  Just maybe...

Well, here we are in the middle of summer again.  Scott is through with more than 50% of the season and I'm off from school.  Good combo, huh?  His busiest time is my time off.  After 6 RoughRiders seasons, we really don't argue much about it anymore.  It's just how it is and we're used to it.

Let me tell you about my two obsessions lately: 1) weight loss and 2) running.  Though the weight loss is VERY SLOW, it's been steady and I have lost 60 pounds in 18 months!  I plan to lose 15 more and we will see how I feel then.   Wow...I NEVER in a million years thought that I could lose 60-75 pounds.  There are three main ingredients to my weight loss success recipe: 1) GOING to Weight Watchers meetings for accountability 2) NEVER giving up and 3) FORGIVING myself when I mess up.  Bottom line: I LOVE FOOD.  I always have and I always will.  I am constantly struggling to view food as fuel rather than a treat or present to myself.  I reward my success with pedicures, massages, and ridiculously expensive handbags rather than food.  I've learned that no matter how fat or how thin I am, I will always have to struggle with my love for food.  The difference now is that I recognize the problem and I am doing something about it.  Here's the deal...I could talk about my feelings about food FOREVER...so, now on to running.  Yes, running.  I, Caroline Burchett, NEVER believed that I could be a runner.  Well, I went from barely squeezing out an 11 minute mile to feeling GREAT about a 7:46 6 months later.  I have trained, for the past 6 months, with Run On McKinney and Dallas and I feel AMAZING about my accomplishments.  Believe me...I haven't ever liked running and I didn't think that it was possible.  Today, I enjoy it and I'm not too bad at it either.  Scott and I are doing 22+ miles per week right now and are about to run our first 15K (9.3 miles).  After that, we will begin MARATHON training for the White Rock Marathon in Dallas.  CRAZY!!!

What else?  Let's see...we're going on vacation tomorrow to the Hyatt Hill Country Resort outside of San Antonio.  Should be fun.  The entire Collins gang is going and we always have a great time together.  It's PERFECT timing for Scott as he just finished a 15 game home stand with the RoughRiders.  We are REALLY looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment