December 24, 2011

DIY Ornament

I simply love putting the ornaments on our "memory" tree each Christmas.  When I saw this, I just KNEW I wanted one too...or at least something similar.  I'm still digging around, looking for an extra wedding invitation but until then, this will have to do.  I typed up some precious memories we've shared throughout the year, printed them on pretty paper, cut them into strips, curled them around a pen and dropped them inside a glass ornament.  I'd love to add a little charm like the inspiration ornament.  I tried adding a kraft paper tag with "Christmas 2011" on it but it took away from the overall look.  It's simple but I think it turned out pretty cute, don't you? 

Speaking of special ornaments, I just adore this idea for old house keys.  Now I've just got to get a new house so I can have an old house key...no biggie.  I'll tell Scott to get right on it.

Here are a few more favorites, from our "memory" tree:
 Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment