January 8, 2014

Off the MAP+WAGON

So it's obvious...I'm terrible at {even thinking about} blogging. One of my goals this year, is to blog more than last year which isn't a huge feat at a mere 13 posts.  Bring it on, 2014!

Speaking of bringing it on (side note: I LOVE the movie Bring it On...just the first one...CLASSIC), I didn't so much bring it on last year.  I'm referring to my last post.  Not much has changed in the weight department.  I recently peeked at my Weight Watchers starting weight for 2013 and I'm 0.7 less.  Oh my.  I'm not going to get into the details {for now} but much like most every other overweight person in January, I'm back on track.  2014 has to be my year.  I have a family beach vacation in May and my 10-year anniversary in November.  This momma's got some work to do!

The kids? Amazing.  Simply amazing.  I shake my head in disbelief that I get to be their momma.  They're healthy, beautiful, feisty, hilarious, play hard and love hard.  I'm in awe of them.  A whole new world of joy and vulnerability opened up when I became their mom.  It's terrifying, really.  You mommas know what I mean.


Scott? He's hanging in there...learning to live with the ebb and flow of life without a thyroid and handling it like a champ.  It's January, which means it's time for his every 6 month cancer screening.  His sonogram and blood work will give us some insight and let us know where he's at and what step is next.  Please continue to pray for complete healing.


My new venture? Vine+Branches on Etsy.  After a {manageable} opening is August, I was slammed with a feature on Groopdealz, Christmas orders and a fabulous little pop-up shop called Gathered.  Though grateful for the business, I had definitely taken on more than I could handle.  Thankfully, my sweet husband helped me get it under control again and I was able to reopen my shop this month.  It's pretty empty for now, but I look forward to revealing some new items soon.  Thank you to all of the friends, family and complete {awesome} strangers that have supported Vine+Branches the past few months.

Well...that's The Burchett Bunch updates in a nutshell.  If there's anyone out there, thanks for reading and I want to wish you and your family a happy and healthy 2014!

Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment